Skip to main content
Class of 2021
Nicole (Nikki) Kamps, MD
- Hometown: Platteville, WI
- Medical School: University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health
- Residency: University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics
- Clinical and Research Interests: My primary research area of interest is in the role of immune-modification in the treatment of pediatric septic shock/MODS. I am currently working on a project that examines the effect of early adjunctive corticosteroid therapy on functional outcomes like health-related quality of life in pediatric patients with septic shock. I am also interest in Cardiac Critical Care and will be pursuing additional training in this field after fellowship.
- Favorite thing about our fellowship: The dedication our faculty have to our development and education. They all push me when I need it, support me when I need it, and are always looking for ways to make me a better physician.
- Favorite thing about Madison: The access to lakes. My family loves to be on the water any chance we get so the Madison lakes and nearby lakes are our favorite local resource! The food and sport/athletic/collegiate culture is amazing as well. Madison has all the offerings of a large city without the traffic, pollution, and crowding.
- Non-medical dream job: Professional angler/fishing guide. I love to fish all bodies of water and would love to share my passion with other people. I still can’t believe you could get paid to fish! One of the best days of my life was when I caught a 46″ Musky on Lake Wingra (Madison).
- Dream travel destination: Anywhere tropical. Any time I get stressed or too cold in Wisconsin, I like to dream about crystal clear water, the sun shining, and a steel drum playing in the background.
- Favorite food: My favorite foods are tacos, tortilla chips, and any sort of dip. I could eat chips, queso, and salsa for every meal for the rest of my life.
Megan Williams, MD
- Hometown: Kingsville, Canada
- Medical School: Jagiellonian University
- Residency: University of Kansas Wichita
- Clinical and Research Interests: My research interest is in the area of nutrition. My research is looking at our feeding practices for children on respiratory support and how we can better optimize nutrition.
- Favorite thing about our fellowship: The learning opportunities and that the faculty are always willing to teach. And my co-fellows of course!
- Favorite thing about Madison: The food!
- Non-medical dream job: Movie critic
- Dream travel destination: Iceland and Ireland
- Favorite food: Pasta
Class of 2022
Fatima Naqvi, MD
- Hometown : Smithtown (Long Island), NY
- Medical School: Zhejiang University- Hangzhou, China & Aureus University- Aruba
- Residency: West Virginia University- Charles-Melton Area Medical Center
- Clinical and Research Interests: Integrative Medicine
- Favorite thing about our fellowship: The mentors and co-fellows
- Favorite thing about Madison: The lakes and the bike paths
- Non-medical dream job: Yoga Instructor
- Dream travel destination: Thailand or India
- Favorite food: Cheese Pizza
Ting-Chang (TC) Hsieh, MD
- Hometown: Taipei, Taiwan
- Medical School: Taipei Medical University
- Residency: Brookdale University Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
- Clinical and Research Interests: Resuscitation, Simulation education
- Favorite thing about our fellowship: Dedicated faculty and nursing colleague
- Favorite thing about Madison: Friendly people on the lakeshore
- Non-medical dream job: I am not sure there is a job of offering traveling/visiting around the world without worrying about money in the bucket
- Dream travel destination: Antarctica
- Favorite food: Any non-poultry spicy food
Diane Brown, MD
- Hometown – Rochester, MN
- Medical School – Ross University School of Medicine
- Residency- Texas A&M at McLane Children’s Hospital in Temple, Tx
- Clinical and Research Interests – I’m interested in Cardiac critical care and am currently working on a project which involves a new device to allow atrial rhythm strips to be displayed on the bedside monitors. The hope is that it will allow for faster recognition of arrhythmias and faster treatment
- Favorite thing about our fellowship – The teaching and the hands on experience
- Favorite thing about Madison – All of the outdoor activities and the food
- Non-medical dream job – I’m not sure this is actually a job, but I would be a professional coffee taster who travels the world to try different coffee
- Dream travel destination – Right now Norway is on the top of my bucket list, probably followed by Italy (Italy was on my list before COVID)
- Favorite food – I love a good pasta! Also, I’m gonna throw S’mores in the mix
Class of 2023
Yaw Asamoa-Bonsu, M.B.Ch.B.
- Hometown – Elmina, Ghana
- Medical School – Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- Residency – Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Mayo Clinic
- Clinical and Research Interests – Cardiac and Pulmonary Medicine, Global Health and transport
- Favorite thing about our fellowship – The diversity of teaching staff with regards to where they had fellowship training. This makes it very easy for them to accept different opinions and different ways of practicing medicine
- Favorite thing about Madison – small town with a big town feel as well as good food. Lots of parks to relax and very quiet town.
- Non-medical dream job – Pilot
- Dream travel destination – Iceland
- Favorite food – Fufu and soup