The list below is a sample of the opportunities available to Department of Pediatrics researchers. For additional information, please contact the research administration staff.
Department of Pediatrics Opportunities
Other Internal/UW Opportunities
Extramural Opportunities (selected)
- UW-ICTR Career Development Awards
- TL1 Post-doctoral Training Program: All applicants must currently hold a non-tenure track faculty series title (CHS, Clinical track) or have that appointment by the time of the award
- KL2: This award supports junior faculty at UW Madison pursuing and actively engaged in translational research and who are committed to developing an independent research program
- Awardees in the Department of Pediatrics:
- David McCulley, MD (2015-2019)
- D.B. Sanders, MD (2014-2016)
- Pelin Cengiz, MD (2011-2015)
- Michael Wilhelm, MD (2011-2015)
- Dan Jackson, MD (2010-2014)
- Peter Ferrazzano, MD (2009-2013)
- Judy Smith, MD, PhD (2008-2009)
- T32 AI055397 (Klein, PI): Microbes in Health and Disease. Funded through June 2019.
- T32 GM081061 (Fabry, PI): Graduate Training in Cellular and Molecular Pathogenesis of Human Diseases (CMP). Funded through June 2020.
- T32 AI007635 (Gern, PI): Wisconsin Allergy Research Training (WISCART) Program. Funded through August 2020.
- T32 GM008692 (Huttenlocher, PI): Medical Scientist Training Program (MSTP). Funded through June 2021.
- T32 HL007936 (Makielski, PI): Training Program in Translational Cardiovascular Science (CVRC). Funded through August 2021.
- R25 GM083252 (Carnes, PI): Training and Education to Advance Minority Scholars in Science (TEAM-Science). Funded through March 2022.
- T32 HD0479302 (Ehrenthal, PI): Health Disparities Research Scholars. Funded through April 2022.
- T32 HD041921 (Bird, PI): Endocrinology-Reproductive Physiology (ERP) Training Grant. Funded through April 2023.
- T32 ES007015 (Bradfield, PI): Molecular & Environmental Toxicology. Funded through June 2023.
- T32 HL007899 (Sheehan, PI): Research Training in Hematology. Funded through April 2024.