We welcome your interest in our program. We accept applications via the ERAS system only. The application deadline is November 21st.
Interviews for the coming season will be conducted virtually and will include viewing of our didactic morning conference, engagement with program leadership, faculty and residents, as well as opportunities for Q&As throughout the interview day. Visits for second looks are uncertain at this point, due to Covid-19 restrictions; however, we’ll post updates, as we are informed. Thank you for your interest!
- To be considered for an interview and ranking, applicants must meet one of the following criteria:
- Graduates of U.S. or Canadian medical schools accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME).
- Graduates of U.S. colleges of osteopathic medicine accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
- Graduates of medical schools outside the U.S. or Canada who are certified by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) and meet one of the following criteria:
- All candidates must participate in the National Resident Matching Program.
- All candidates must have taken Step 1 USMLE or COMLEX-1 and present passing score. Applicants must present Step II CK USMLE or COMLEX-2 passing score when available. (Graduates from osteopathic schools are strongly encouraged to take the USMLE but will be considered with COMLEX scores.)
- Applications must include a Medical School Performance Evaluation (MSPE) and 3-4 letters of recommendation.
Once matched to our program, the following criteria must be met in order to receive an appointment at University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics:
- The candidate has completed the credentialing process, which includes primary source verification, through the Office of House Staff Administration.
- The candidate has completed all the requirements for hire that shall include but not be limited to:
- Criminal background checks
- Health clearance
- Verification of medical school graduation and any previous residency program attendance
- Verification of required licensure
- Any other requirements (USMLE scores, NPIs, DEAs, etc.)
- All Residents entering training at UWHC must have passed USMLE Steps I and II (CK & CS) or COMLEX Levels 1 and 2.
- All residents appointed to a PG 3 level and above must have passed USMLE Steps I, II, and III or COMLEX Levels 1, 2, and 3.
The University of Wisconsin Department of Pediatrics will not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, creed, arrest or conviction record, disability, disabled and Vietnam era veteran status, Guard or Reserve status, and retaliation.