Welcome to the University of Wisconsin Pediatrics Residency Program! Our mission is to prepare pediatrician leaders who provide exceptional care to patients and families, who advocate for the health of children, and who engage in lifelong learning and service. We aim to provide you with outstanding training to prepare you for a successful career in pediatrics, whether your goal is to practice general or subspecialty pediatrics in academic, public health, or private practice settings.
We are delighted to have the opportunity to help prepare you for your career, and we hope you'll explore these pages to learn more about these aspects of our program:
- Outstanding residents from around the country, who are committed to excellence and enjoy working with one another in the hospital and having fun together outside the hospital
- Medium-sized program with 15 residents per class, allowing for a personalized experience
- Excellent and noteworthy faculty who are committed to your education
- Diverse mix of patients and illnesses--an ideal balance between primary and subspecialty care
- Innovative half-day format for educational conference (Pediatric Education and Active Resident Learning - PEARL)
- Free-standing children’s hospital
- Established opportunities to engage in advocacy initiatives and public health experiences
- Unique global health track and curriculum
- Clinical and basic science research opportunities, with funding and support from our research-invested department
- Beautiful city with wonderful restaurants, diverse culture, and year-round recreational activities
SALARY & BENEFITS
Information on salary and benefits for residents is detailed on the UW GME webpage.
Our program provides the perfect balance of excellent pediatric education and training in a supportive, caring environment. As you explore our website, we are confident you will begin to discover why our residents and faculty enjoy working here as much as they do.