The University of Wisconsin Pediatrics Residency Program prepares pediatrician leaders who provide exceptional care to patients and families, who advocate for the health of children, and who engage in lifelong learning and service. Whether your goal is to practice general or subspecialty pediatrics in academic, public health, or private practice settings, we’ll provide you with outstanding training to prepare you for a successful career.
What Makes Us Unique
- Personalized experience: Our medium-sized program has 15 residents per class.
- Collegial peers: Our residents enjoy working together—and having fun together.
- Excellent faculty: Our remarkable faculty are committed to your education.
- Clinical diversity: Rotations provide an ideal mix of patients and illnesses in primary and subspecialty care.
- Innovative educational conferences: Half-day Pediatric Education and Active Resident Learning (PEARL) conferences foster active learning.
- World-class, freestanding children’s hospital: American Family Children’s Hospital is one of the top-ranked in the nation.
- Advocacy: Engage in established advocacy initiatives and public health experiences.
- Global health: Grow personally and professionally through our unique global health track and curriculum.
- Research opportunities: Our research-invested department funds and supports clinical and basic science research opportunities for residents.
- A beautiful city: Madison has wonderful restaurants, a diverse culture, and year-round recreational activities.