In 2018, five Department of Pediatrics faculty members were accepted as members of the Society for Pediatric Research (SPR).
SPR’s mission is to create a network of multidisciplinary researchers to improve child health. Specifically, it works to facilitate active communications among and between researchers; promote research collaborations through mentoring and knowledge sharing; and advocate for funding and policies supportive of research.
Below are the new members:
- Christian Capitini, MD (Assistant Professor, Division of Hematology, Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplant)
- Matthew Harer, MD (Assistant Professor [CHS], Division of Neonatology and Newborn Nursery)
- David McCulley, MD (Assistant Professor, Division of Neonatology and Newborn Nursery)
- Jessica Scott Schwoerer, MD (Assistant Professor [CHS], Division of Genetics and Metabolism)
- Anne Marie Singh, MD (Associate Professor, Division of Allergy, Immunology & Rheumatology)