Congratulations to the following students and their mentors who have been awarded 2015-2016 Wisconsin Hilldale Undergraduate/Faculty Research Fellowships. Award recipients receive $3,000 and faculty mentors $500 to sponsor a research project that will be presented at the Undergraduate Symposium in April 2016. Additionally, award recipients were recognized at the Chancellor’s Undergraduate Awards Ceremony in early May.
- Peter Ferrazzano, MD – student Alex Waldman: “Age-Dependent Microglial Gene Expression Profiles in Hypoxic-Ischemic Brain Injury”
- James Gern, MD – student Shakher Sijapati: “Construction and Analysis of Infectious cDNA Copy of HeLa Cell Line Adapted Rhinovirus (RV-C15)”
- Pamela Kling, MD – student Colin Korlesky: “Heart Rate Viability (HRV) As a Determinant of Male Versus Female Cardiovascular Health in Intrauterine Growth Restriction”
- Paul Sondel, MD, PhD – student Monica Gressett: “The Effect of Radiation on Tumor Cell Susceptibility to Immune Response”
- Jacquelyn Hank, PhD and Paul Sondel, MD, PhD – student Amal Javaid: “Analysis of Anti-GD2 Monoclonal Antibody hu.14.18K322A Administered in Conjunction with NK Cells in the GD2NK Pediatric Neuroblastoma Trial”
- Christine Sorenson, PhD – student Catherine Wintheiser, “Expression of Bcl-2 in Pericytes is Essential for Retinal Neovascularization”
- Andrew Watson, MD – student Carol Coutinho: “Understanding Maturational Differences in Cardiorespiratory Fitness Development in Children”