knackers [at] pediatrics [dot] wisc [dot] edu (Kirstin A. M. Nackers, MD)
mwilhelm [at] pediatrics [dot] wisc [dot] edu (Michael Wilhelm, MD)
Associate Clerkship Director
acarberry [at] pediatrics [dot] wisc [dot] edu (Andrea R. Carberry, MD)
amrugowski [at] pediatrics [dot] wisc [dot] edu (Ann M. Rugowski)
Pediatric Inpatient Acting Internships
The Pediatric Inpatient Acting Internships are designed to provide a more in depth inpatient clinical experience for those students interested in pediatrics, med/peds, family medicine or emergency medicine; however, any interested student is welcome to enroll. Early in the academic year, priority for the Pediatric acting internships at the American Family Children’s Hospital or the Meriter NICU is given to those students planning to enter a pediatric or med/peds residency. Enrollment in the Pediatric acting internships is completed by written application and a lottery. You will receive an email notification with further details about the lottery. Acting internships in Pediatrics at UW are offered in the following locations:
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (AFCH PICU)
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (Meriter NICU)
- Hematology/Oncology Inpatient Unit
- Pediatric Inpatient Ward AFCH Red Team: main services include hospitalist, pulmonology, nephrology, and endocrinology.
- Pediatric Inpatient Ward AFCH White Team: main services include hospitalist, pediatric infectious disease, and gastroenterology.