Department of Pediatrics faculty care for patients at:
|•||American Family Children’s Hospital, a 61-bed comprehensive pediatric medical and surgical center in Madison;|
|•||Eight clinic locations in Madison and surrounding communities; and|
|•||Outreach clinics in 9 cities throughout Wisconsin and the region.|
- In FY12, pediatric emergency department (ED) visits at UW Hospital and Clinics (UWHC) increased 5.6%, while inpatient admissions at American Family Children’s Hospital (AFCH) increased .75%.
- We opened a new pediatric emergency care unit with a separate children’s waiting area and treatment rooms, staffed by a dedicated pediatric emergency medicine team.
- For the first time, the AFCH pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) had over 1000 patients during FY12.
- Pediatric cardiology, gastroenterology, sleep medicine, and neonatology services expanded in 2012.
- With expanded capabilities and volumes in pediatric interventional cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, our physicians cared for even more highly acute patients at AFCH.
* Pediatric ED visits in 2011 were revised to reflect new data collection methodology