We welcome your interest in our program. We accept applications via the ERAS system only. The application deadline is November 1.
- To be considered for an interview and ranking, applicants must meet one of the following criteria:
- Graduates of U.S. or Canadian medical schools accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME).
- Graduates of U.S. colleges of osteopathic medicine accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
- Graduates of medical schools outside the U.S. or Canada who are certified by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) and meet one of the following criteria:
- Have US citizenship;
- Have permanent legal residency status in the US (green card); or
- Have or be eligible to hold a J-1 Clinical Visa sponsored by ECFMG. Note: University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics will not sponsor H-1 (temporary worker) visas. Learn more at http://www.uwhealth.org/health-professionals/gme/graduate-medical-education-applicants/26184
- All candidates must participate in the National Resident Matching Program.
- All candidates must have taken and present Step 1 USMLE or COMPLEX scores and Step II CK and CS USMLE or COMLEX scores when available. (Graduates from osteopathic schools are strongly encouraged to take the USMLE but will be considered with COMLEX scores.)
- All applicants should have completed at least one year’s clinical training in a LCME (accredited US or Canadian medical school) or ACGME approved program. This year must include hands-on patient care, for which the student/resident has taken an active role demonstrating responsibility for patient care and outcomes.
- Applications must include a Dean's letter and 3-4 letters of recommendation (one should be from the Pediatric Chair).
Once matched to our program, the following criteria must be met in order to receive an appointment at University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics:
- The candidate has completed the credentialing process, which includes primary source verification, through the Office of House Staff Administration.
- The candidate has completed all the requirements for hire that shall include but not be limited to:
- Criminal background checks
- Health clearance
- Verification of medical school graduation and any previous residency program attendance
- Verification of required licensure
- Any other requirements (USMLE scores, NPIs, DEAs, etc.)
- All Residents entering training at UWHC must have passed USMLE Steps I and II (CK & CS) or COMLEX Levels 1 and 2.
- All residents appointed to a PG 3 level and above must have passed USMLE Steps I, II, and III or COMLEX Levels 1, 2, and 3.
The University of Wisconsin Department of Pediatrics will not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, creed, arrest or conviction record, disability, disabled and Vietnam era veteran status, Guard or Reserve status, and retaliation.