Applications are accepted through ERAS beginning June 20 and continuing through the deadline. All applicants must participate in the National Residency Matching Program. Our fellowship is approved for a total of two fellows in training at a time.
To be considered for a UW Pediatric Pulmonology fellowship position, you must be a:
- graduate of a U.S. or Canadian medical school accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME);
- graduate of U.S. college of osteopathic medicine accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA); or
- graduate of a medical schools outside the US or Canada who are certified by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) and meet one of the following criteria:
- have U.S. citizenship;
- have permanent legal residency status in the US (green card); or
- have or be eligible to hold a J-1 Clinical Visa sponsored by ECFMG. Note: UW Hospital and Clinics will not sponsor H-1 (temporary worker) visas.
Application Materials Required
- ERAS application
- Personal statement
- 3 letters of recommendation, including one from your current program director
Upon receipt of all application material, selected candidates will be contacted to arrange interviews. Most interviews are conducted on Mondays and Tuesdays in September through November.
Expectations of Qualified Candidates
- Enthusiasm for a career in pediatric pulmonology
- Sensitivity to, and readiness for, the life-altering nature of the diagnoses and treatments we encounter in pediatric pulmonology
- Desire, through research, to provide a meaningful contribution to our understanding of the biology and treatment of pediatric respiratory diseases
- History of delivering excellent care to children through categorical pediatrics or medicine/pediatrics residency
- Appropriately certified and residency-trained foreign medical graduates are invited to apply