Applications are accepted through ERAS (under Pediatrics Sports Medicine - program ID: 1779333F0). The application deadline is October 1 of any given year for a start date in early July of the following year. All applicants must participate in the National Residency Matching Program. Our fellowship is approved for one fellow every year.
To be considered for a UW Primary Care Sports Medicine fellowship position, you must be a:
- graduate of a U.S. or Canadian medical school accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME);
- graduate of U.S. college of osteopathic medicine accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA); or
- graduate of a medical school outside the US or Canada who are certified by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) and meet one of the following criteria:
- have U.S. citizenship;
- have permanent legal residency status in the US (green card); or
- have or be eligible to hold a J-1 Clinical Visa sponsored by ECFMG. Note: UW Hospital and Clinics will not sponsor H-1 (temporary worker) visas.
You also must have completed an ACGME-accredited residency in pediatrics, family medicine, med/peds, emergency medicine, internal medicine or physical medicine and rehabilitation.
Application Materials Required
- ERAS application
- Personal statement
- 3 letters of recommendation, including one from your current program director
- Required supplemental materials (available at: http://www.amssm.org/Content/pdf%20files/Code_Ethics_4_Match-ERAS.pdf)
Please submit all required supplemental materials (electronic preferred) to:
Department of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation
1685 Highland Ave, 6th Floor
Madison, WI 53705-2281
Phone: (608) 263-0888
FAX: (608) 265-6375
Email: Fry [at] ortho.wisc.edu