Applications are accepted through Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS®) in conjunction with National Residency Matching Program (NRMP®). Please apply during the academic year prior to starting fellowship. You must register for a token before starting your ERAS application. All applicants must participate in the NRMP. Our fellowship matches one new fellow per academic year.
To be considered for a UW Neonatal & Perinatal Medicine Fellowship position, you must be a:
All applicants must have completed, or be on track to complete, an ACGME-accredited pediatric or medicine-pediatric training program.
The Department of Pediatrics will not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, creed, arrest or conviction record, disability, disabled and Vietnam era veteran status, Guard or Reserve status, and retaliation.
Application Materials Required
- ERAS application
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement
- 3 letters of recommendation, including one from your current program director
Upon receipt of all application materials, selected candidates will be invited to Madison to meet our team and get a taste of our program and city. Interviews are generally conducted on Tuesdays and Thursdays in September and October.
Expectations of Qualified Candidates
- Enthusiasm for developing expertise in neonatal & perinatal medicine
- Desire, through research, to provide a meaningful contribution to our understanding of the biology, prevention, and treatment of disorders in neonates
- Passion for advocacy for patients, families, and our profession
- Track record of delivering excellent and compassionate care to children through categorical pediatrics or medicine-pediatrics residency