(RECRUITMENT FOR ONLY Clinical Biochemical Genetics starts 9/4/18-11/30/18 and review of applicants 12/1-31/18; We have decided to NOT recruit for a LGG fellow for the next cycle 2019-21. Check back in October 2019 for future recruitment plans.
ABMGG Fellowship Applications
The University of Wisconsin – Madison, ABMGG-accredited fellowships (CBC & LGG) educate highly competent and compassionate leaders in genetics who will successfully enter the genetics workforce as lifelong learners and leaders through maintenance of certification (MOC) by the ABMGG as laboratory directors.
Our rigorous, comprehensive curriculum offers:
- Diverse clinical laboratory experiences that foster inter-professional relationships across campus and affiliate sites with faculty and staff;
- Relevant research opportunities that encourage critical thinking, connecting and solving complex challenges in genetic research while contributing to the knowledge base of the profession; and
- An environment that promotes socially responsible practice in serving the public and medical profession assuring standards of excellence in genetics.
How to Apply
(RECRUITMENT FOR ONLY Clinical Biochemical Genetics starts 9/4/18-11/30/18 and review of applicants 12/1-31/18; We have decided to NOT recruit for a LGG fellow for the next cycle 2019-21. Check back in October 2019 for future recruitment plans.)
Materials (PDFs) required for your application:
- A curriculum vitae (CV)
- A letter of interest with a personal summary describing motivation and future career goals
- Three recommendation letters*
- Fellows must be eligible to work in the United States
- Interview decisions will be made after a review of all completed applications.
Applicants must email and upload PDF application documents to the following address box: https://uwmadison.box.com/s/p6cjhgkspq8ewazcnwpn7jmvx5xr3ji3
*Provide your recommenders with the following address box: https://uwmadison.box.com/s/p6cjhgkspq8ewazcnwpn7jmvx5xr3ji3
(Please name the PDF file with the applicants NAME LOR and Recommender’s name. Example: Smith John LOR Marshall.pdf)
Our Clinical Biochemical Genetics Fellowship will recruit applicants with the following timeline:
- 9/4/18-11/30/18 - Open recruitment
- 12/1-31/18 - Review of applicants
- January-February, 2019 - Invite applicants for an interview
- Spring 2019 - Selection
ABMGG Fellowship Applicants (CBC) - Start date 7/1/2019. Only one fellow will be selected.
Send questions to:
University of Wisconsin–Madison
Wisconsin State Laboratory of Hygiene
465 Henry Mall
Madison, WI 53706
Email: ameiller [at] wisc.edu
Applicants who are invited for an interview will need to successfully complete and sign the following program requirements:
- A laboratory skills assessment;
- A demonstration of basic genetics knowledge and a pattern recognition assessment; and
- A visual exam.
ACGME Fellowship Applications
ACGME fellowship applications are accepted through Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS®). All ACGME fellowship applicants must participate in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP®). Our fellowship offers one new fellow position per academic year.
To be considered for our ACGME-accredited clinical fellowship, you must be a:
- graduate of a U.S. or Canadian medical school accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME);
- graduate of U.S. college of osteopathic medicine accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA); or
- graduate of a medical schools outside the US or Canada who are certified by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) and meet one of the following criteria:
- have U.S. citizenship;
- have permanent legal residency status in the US (green card); or
- have or be eligible to hold a J-1 Clinical Visa sponsored by ECFMG. Note: UW Hospital and Clinics will not sponsor H-1 (temporary worker) visas.
Application Materials Required
- ERAS application
- Personal statement
- 3 letters of recommendation, including one from your current program director
Upon receipt of all application material, selected candidates will be contacted to arrange interviews. Interviews are conducted in September for the following year’s July 1 start date.