- The department was ranked #6 of 88 medical school pediatric departments nationwide for National Institutes of Health (NIH) awards, according to data compiled and released by the Blue Ridge Institute for Medical Research (BRIMR).
- The department had $24.1 million in extramural grant funding in FY17, a 3% decrease from FY16.
- In FY17, 58 faculty (36%) in 13 divisions had extramural funding supporting their salary.
- Faculty submitted 122 grant proposals in FY17, with 43 (35%) funded.
- Throughout 2017, our faculty were PIs or co-Is on 286 grants. Our department's centralized clinical research coordinators managed 55 studies, a 25% decrease from 2016.
- Faculty, residents and fellows presented 71 abstracts at the department’s 2017 Spring Research Day. Of these, 25 (35%) were accepted at the Pediatric Academic Society (PAS) meeting: 13 as poster presentations, 10 as platform presentations and two as workshops.
The following faculty are active members of the Society for Pediatric Research:
*Became a member in 2017
The following faculty are active members of the American Pediatric Society: