If you have any questions, please contact our education office at (608) 263-8557.
We welcome your interest in our program. We accept applications via the ERAS system only. The application deadline is November 1.
- Applicants must meet one of the following criteria to be considered for a Department of Pediatrics Residency position:
- graduates of US or Canadian medical schools accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME);
- graduates of US colleges of osteopathic medicine accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA); or,
- graduates of medical schools outside the US or Canada who are certified by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) and meet one of the following criteria:
- have US citizenship;
- have permanent legal residency status in the US (green card); or,
- have or be eligible to hold a J-1 Clinical Visa sponsored by ECFMG. (Note: The UWHC will not sponsor H-1 (temporary worker) visas)
- All candidates must participate in the National Resident Matching Program.
- All candidates must have taken and present Step 1 USMLE scores and Step II CK and CS USMLE scores when available. (Graduates from osteopathic schools are strongly encouraged to take the USMLE but will be considered with COMLEX scores.)
- All applicants should have completed at least one year’s clinical training in a LCME (accredited US or Canadian medical school) or ACGME approved program. This year must include hands-on patient care, for which the student/resident has taken an active role demonstrating responsibility for patient care and outcomes.
- Applications must include 3-4 letters of recommendation (preferably one letter of recommendation from the Pediatric Chair).
The Department of Pediatrics will not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, creed, arrest or conviction record, disability, disabled and Vietnam era veteran status, Guard or Reserve status, and retaliation.