Pediatric Cardiology Educational Coordinator
jhokanson [at] pediatrics [dot] wisc [dot] edu (John Hokanson, MD)
The Division of Pediatric Cardiology faculty specialize the care of children with heart-related conditions. The Division is pleased to sponsor the weekly Pediatric Cardiology Case Conference. UW Faculty, community generalists, residents, nursing staff, echocardiography technicians, and medical and other health profession trainees are welcome to participate in these case discussions.
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ Awarded Programs
Pediatric Cardiology Case Conference
The Pediatric Critical Care Medicine Conference is intended for primary care physicians, specialty physicians such as pediatric cardiologists, pediatric cardiothoracic surgeons, pediatric intensivists and adult cardiologists. In addition, the topics discussed will address the continuing educational needs of cardiology nurse practitioners, echocardiography technicians and medical students and residents.
The purpose of the Pediatric Cardiology Case Conference is to:
- Apply medical expertise of team members to create patient care plans.
- Describe new diagnostic approaches for patients with acquired and congenital heart disease.
- Apply current treatment practices to patients with acquired and congenital heart disease.
The Pediatrics Cardiology Case Conference is held every Wednesday from 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM in the John Juhl conference room F2/401.
Weekly topics are patient driven and may be discussed more than once during a year depending upon inpatient hospital admissions. Possible topics include:
- Corrected Transposition
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Ebstein's Anomaly and Arrhythmias
- Fontan/Single Ventricle Anatomy
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Kawasaki Disease
- Long QT Syndrome
- Non-compaction Cardiomyopathy
- Pulmonary Atresia/Intact Ventricular Septum
- Single Coronary Artery
- Total Pulmonary Venous Return